The international mobility plus program (PMI+) allows you to obtain an open work permit for a maximum of three years. This permit allows you to arrive in Québec more quickly and enter the labor market there. It is limited to Quebec.

A total of 7,000 skilled workers each year will be able to obtain an open work permit under this program. Exceptionally, up to 14,000 permits may be issued in 2022, to include permits that could have been issued in 2021 according to the agreement reached with the federal government on August 4, 2021.


People who meet the following conditions are eligible for the program:

Have obtained a Quebec Selection Certificate as a skilled worker

Not yet having obtained your permanent residence

You must be in one of these situations:

  • Not having submitted an application for permanent residence. In this case, the validity period of your CSQ must not have expired;
  • Have applied for permanent residence, but not yet received a decision.

Reside abroad

You must reside abroad or in a province other than Quebec.

Be invited to apply to this program

If you are eligible, you will receive a communication from the Ministry of Immigration, Francisation and Integration. This will invite you to apply for a work permit with Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship Canada (IRCC). You will have 90 days from the date this correspondence is sent to submit your application to IRCC.

Only people who receive a communication will be able to apply for a permit from IRCC.

Who is not eligible

You are not eligible for this program if:

  • You have received a positive decision on your application for permanent residence;
  • Your application for permanent residence has been refused by the Government of Canada;
  • Your CSQ is no longer valid and you have not yet submitted an application for permanent residence.

Accompanying spouse

If you are eligible, your spouse or common-law partner can also obtain an open work permit for a maximum of 3 years as the accompanying spouse or partner of a temporary foreign worker.

Leave a Reply

This Post Has 3 Comments

  1. Carole Livert Joseph

    Je suis intéressée pour une demande de permis ouvert

  2. kamara

    Je suis un jeune dynamique qui souhaiterais travailler au Canada en obtenant un visa.
    je suis diplômé en transport logistique mais en même je suis prêt à faire d’autre travail